If you have decided that a mobility scooter is right for you, it's time to select the right one. But with all the different types and sizes, this can be an overwhelming task. Asking these questions is a good way to start to narrow down your options:
- Does the mobility scooter's maximum weight capacity comfortably accommodate you?
- Will you use the mobility scooter primarily on smooth, level surfaces or will it be used over rougher outdoor terrain?
- Will you be traveling with your mobility scooter?
- Does the mobility scooter's seating provide the size and comfort you desire?
- Does the mobility scooter's performance offer the speed and range you need?
- Does the mobility scooter's appearance match your style?
- Does the mobility scooter offer additional safety or comfort features that set it apart?
To help in deciding the type of mobility scooter that best answers these questions for you, we have separated the mobility scooters into categories based on their size and primary use:
Travel Series ------------- Mid-Size ---------------------Executive Series
Travel series scooters are the smallest and least expensive category of scooter. They can be disassembled quickly and easily into several manageable pieces for transport in a vehicle, eliminating the need for a special vehicle lift or rack. When disassembled, the pieces are lightweight and easy to move, with the heaviest piece ranging from 30-40 lbs. This makes them perfect for loading in the trunk of a car and taking shopping or on vacation.
Portability means these scooters are smaller in size and feature lower weight capacities of between 250 and 300 lbs. These scooters also come equipped with smaller, “stadium-style” seats, rather than the automotive style captain's seats often found in larger scooters. These scooters also offer a lower top speed and shorter maximum range than larger units which makes them better for shorter trips.
MID-SIZE MOBILITY SCOOTERS
These scooters offer a great combination of performance, size and comfort that make them a great option for many users. While larger than travel series scooters, mid-size models are still a good, manageable size for most users.
Mid-size mobility scooters also include many other comfort and safety-related features, such as suspension for a smoother ride, safety lighting, enhanced seating options and weight capacity between 300 and 350 lbs. The larger batteries found in mid-size scooters improve range over those found in travel series scooters, making them perfect for longer trips around the neighborhood or for errands around town.
- Free delivery and Pickup in New Jersey.
- We provide Drive Scooters.
- Please call ahead to reserve one today.
- Weekend and evening deliveries available.
Minimum Weekend rental or 3 day initial rental $100. ----$10/day all additional days.